Statement of Faith
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
* We believe in one God, eternally existing in one essence, yet three coequal persons in the Trinity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
* We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, the only begotten by God, conceived by the Holy Spirit, and born to the Virgin Mary.
* We believe in His sinless life, His miracles, and His vicarious and atoning death upon the cross as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all those who believe on Him are justified through faith in His shed blood.
* We believe in His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His present life there as High Priest and Advocate for us, and in His personal, visible, and imminent return in power and glory.
* We believe in the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Trinity, who convicts the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment.
* We believe in His present day ministry as the Paraclete (advocate, comforter)whose indwelling presence, comforts, guides, directs, and empowers the life of the believer.
* We believe the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4 is given to believers
who ask for it.
* We believe in the present and abiding presence of the Holy Spirit manifest in this present age, bestowing in and among believers these supernatural gifts: the word of wisdom; the word of knowledge; faith; gifts of healing; working of miracles; prophecy; discerning of spirits; various kinds of tongues; interpretation of tongues; continuing until our Lord’s return.
* We believe that mankind was created in the image of God, however, through sin, incurred not only physical death but spiritual death as well. It is this sin nature, resident in the hearts of all mankind which now separates him from God, a nature which can only be remedied through faith in the atoning work of Jesus Christ our Lord.
* We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential, thereby becoming children of God and heirs of eternal life. This is not accomplished through the merit of mankind’s good deeds, but through repentance and by grace through faith in the shed blood of Christ Jesus our Lord.
* We believe in the bodily resurrection of both the saved and the unsaved; they are saved unto the resurrection of eternal life in heaven and they are lost unto the conscious resurrection of eternal damnation in hell.
* We believe in the personal existence of the devil, who along with his cohorts, is working in the earth to destroy the souls of man and hinder the work of God, and that he and his angels, along with those who do not receive Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior, will eternally perish in the lake of fire.
* We believe that God created each person as male or female. Those two distinct, complimentary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union. Therefore, sexual intimacy was created for that relationship alone.
* We believe in the church of the living God, both local and universal, with Christ as it’s head, to be the arbiter of truth and proclamation through the Holy Scriptures, and whose mission is to proclaim the Word of God in such a manner as to present every man complete in Christ, being guided by the Holy Spirit through gifted leaders, and the support of the wise stewardship of the redeemed of God.
* We believe that the ordinances of the Church, given by our Lord, are Water Baptism by immersion and the Lord’s Table (Communion).
*Details about our Statement of Faith can be obtained through the church office at 440-543-4652